BDCW Side Stand Relocation Kit - KTM 950/990
We NOW offer a 5-Year Warranty on the Bracket!
If you somehow manage to break the bracket, we will replace it*
We are pleased to announce that our new Side Stand Relocation Kit which supersedes our previous offering for 2005 and newer KTM 950 Adventures, 990 Adventures and 950 Super Enduro models. We feel this is simply the BEST design that addresses the side stand flaw from the factory (it bolts the side stand directly to the engine case which can result in a cracked case if the side stand is contacted). Our design eliminates this connection to the engine case and uses a 1/4" aluminum bracket to secure the side stand, which then bolts to the center stand and skid plate frame.
The advantages of this design over others that are available elsewhere are simple:
- Easy to install with four bolts.
- Keeps the side stand in the stock location.
- You don't have to disassemble the side stand safety switch.
- Compatible with center stand.
- The look is seamless to the bike.
- Helps avoid a potential long walk home or VERY expensive repair bill.
- Compatible with the Black Dog skid plates for both the Adventure and Super Enduro.
Simple. Plus it looks good as it is anodized black with our BDCW logo tastefully etched into it. You can email us for a copy of the installation instructions.
- If you are NOT running a center stand on your 950/990, we offer a spacer that is used to fill the gap that is normally taken up by the center stand. Please see “related items” below to purchase this spacer. Installing the side stand relocation kit on applications that do not use a centerstand will void the warranty on the kit.
- Not a direct bolt-on for Adventure models MANUFACTURED in 2003 or 2004. Please check your bikes DATE OF MANUFACTURE, do not go by the year on the title. See instructions here. Modifying the bracket is not a viable option.
- KTM Rally Footpegs: Due to the fact that this relocation bracket moves the side stand assembly outward from the frame, it has been reported that there may be some intereference between the side stand spring and shifter when using the KTM Rally footpegs. It will be necessary to grind some material off the shifter to minimize this interference.
- Does NOT fit the 950SM, 990SM-T or 990 Super Duke
- Installation instructions for BDCW Side Stand Relocation Kit
*Warranty does not cover any damage to the motorcycle itself or the cost of shipping.