RISK ELIMINATED! Getting your side stand off the engine case is one of THE most important things you can do to protection your bike and makes sure you make it home from your next adventure
We learned the importance of removing the side stand OFF the engine case with our extensive experience with the KTM 950 & 990s and much to our surprise the side stand mount on the 1090/190/1290 models is even WORSE, putting your engine at even more risk.
Plan to use your 1090/1190/1290 primarily on the pavement and feel our ULTIMATE Skid Plate is overkill for your needs? Black Dog has once again developed a product that is tailor made for you—addressing the vulnerable side stand that bolts to your engine case and saving you a potential $8,000 repair, not to mention leaving you stranded far from home.
Tip over in a parking lot, nick a curb during some spirited riding or simply the stress of mounting or dismounting the bike using the left peg can all put the health of your engine case in jeopardy.
- KTM 1290 Super Adventure / T (2015+)
- KTM 1290 Super Adventure R (2017+)
- KTM 1290 Super Adventure S (2017+)
- KTM 1190 Standard (2013-2016)
- KTM 1190 R (2014-2016)
- KTM 1090 R (2017+)
Installation Note: Side Stand switch must be disabled for installation of side stand relocation. We include a magnet that accomplishes this.
- Compatible with the following skid plates: Stock OEM, KTM Powerparts and GIVI.
- If you are NOT running a center stand, be sure to select the proper application. The product for the 1090 without a center stand can be used on the 1190 & 1290 models as well if you have removed the center stand.
- NOT compatible with the following skid plates: Touratech, Altrider, Outback Motortek, Rumbux or any other skid plates that utilize the footpeg mounts.
- NOT compatible with the Rumbux engine bars.
NOTE: The parts for this relo kit are different than the parts for the Black Dog Ultimate Skid Plate, so the relo kit cannot be "upgraded" to the skid plate at a later time. If you are interested in the ULTIMATE in protection, we suggest you start with the Black Dog Ultimate Skid Plate which has a relocation kit integrated into the design.
NOTE: This product may slightly reduce ground clearance on left hand turns on the pavement due to the relocation of the stock side stand to the frame. This should not effect most riders but may not be the best application for track days ;)
NUTS, BOLTS & BENEFITS
- We’ve removed the stand from the engine case, eliminating the risk of a broken engine case from an impact to the side stand. Now improved with a THIRD mounting point to the center stand. PATENT# US D729128
- Stout design made from a harden steel, secured with three bolts to the frame at the footpeg and center stand mount.
- Lightweight aluminum spacer provided for the right side for equal distance for footpeg mounts.
- Accommodates stock center stand
- Places the footpegs mounts outward by 3/8-inch on each side which improves the stance of the rider while standing.
- Provides for better leverage and a more natural position
- Cheap insurance
- Considering the costs of expensive repairs or “extractions” from the backcountry, it’s a bargain!
- Made in the U.S.
- Tested and trusted worldwide
MADE IN THE U.S.A.
WHAT CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
Thanks Kurt. The kickstand replacement is one of the best mods I’ve made to my SA. Appreciate the quick response -- Heinz von Eckartsberg , Dublin, OH