Our MONSTER-SIZED Helo Pad for the oil-cooled GS, provides riders with the ultimate way to secure extra gear to their bike.
Whether you need to haul camping gear, extra fuel, or a WARN recovery winch—this extra-large rear rack can handle it all. We named it the “Helo Pad” because it’s almost big enough to land a helicopter!
- BMW R1200GS Standard (2005–2012)
- BMW R1200GSA (2006–2013)
Here’s what you need to know about our Helo Pad:
These stout plates are made of 1/4″ aluminum, with generous-sized holes around the perimeter for tie down points. Hard anodized in black for a lasting finish with our logo tastefully laser etched.
This design has several notable unique features and benefits:
- Hand hold gives a great place to help grab onto the bike to help maneuvering it around.
- Pre-drilled to carry RotopaX fuel or water containers in 14 possible locations, either lengthwise or across the bike.
- Pre-drilled to accommodate the WARN XT17 winch carrying plate in two different positions—one towards the front of the bike and another towards the rear (WARN F800GS stow plate model—Model #86600 required).
- Type 2 Anodized black for a durable finish.
- Generous-sized tie down points make strapping items to the rack an easy process.
We strongly recommend using ROK Straps to secure items to your rack/bike. We’ve used ROK Straps for years and consider them the safest, most convenient solution.
Our Helo Pad comes with the ability to mount the RotopaX carriers (for 1, 1.75 and 2 gallon fuel or water containers), as well as the support plate to carry a WARN XT17 electric winch. Serious adventure riders are quickly seeing the benefit of carrying these lightweight electric winches for recovering a bike off the trail, or simply navigating around an obstacle which would otherwise require a “U-turn” to seek an alternate route.
Hardware and spacers are provided—SIMPLE install—goes on with just three bolts.
The Helo pad measures approximately 21-inches long x 14-inches wide. This size is compatible with all known SADDLEBAG luggage systems including BMW Vario, Touratech, Hepco-Becker, Jesse, Happy Trails, SW-Motech and Micatech. This rack is NOT designed to carry a top box.
- The R1200GSA tubular grab rail must be removed.
- The stock plastic grab handle on the standard R1200GS must be removed.
- NOT intended to carry a passenger (that would just be cruel!).
- We have pre-drilled this rack to accommodate the WARN F800GS Stow Plate (available separately—Model #86600 required).
- Carrying the RotopaX requires use of their specific mounts—either Standard, Deluxe or Lockable. This rack is pre-drilled to accommodate all of these mounts, as well.
MADE IN THE U.S.A.