FOR A LIMITED TIME WE HAVE SOME BLEMISHED UNITS WE ARE OFFERING AT A DISCOUNT. These have minor imperfections in the cosmetic finish of the product. Still fully function with all required hardware.
Our MONSTER-SIZED Helo Pad for the oil-cooled GS, provides riders with the ultimate way to secure extra gear to their bike.
Whether you need to haul camping gear, extra fuel, or a WARN recovery winch—this extra-large rear rack can handle it all. We named it the “Helo Pad” because it’s almost big enough to land a helicopter!
- BMW R1200GS Standard (2005–2012) *
- BMW R1200GSA (2006–2013) *
* SOME early model GS and GSAs (2005-2007) are missing the bolt holes for the front mounting location. Please refer to the second photo to ensure your bike has these bolt holes which are required to mount the BDCW Help Pad.
Here’s what you need to know about our Helo Pad:
These stout plates are made of 1/4″ aluminum, with generous-sized holes around the perimeter for tie down points. Hard anodized in black for a lasting finish with our logo tastefully laser etched.
This design has several notable unique features and benefits:
- Hand hold gives a great place to help grab onto the bike to help maneuvering it around.
- Pre-drilled to carry RotopaX fuel or water containers in 14 possible locations, either lengthwise or across the bike.
- Pre-drilled to accommodate the WARN XT17 winch carrying plate in two different positions—one towards the front of the bike and another towards the rear (WARN F800GS stow plate model—Model #86600 required).
- Type 2 Anodized black for a durable finish.
- Generous-sized tie down points make strapping items to the rack an easy process.
We strongly recommend using ROK Straps to secure items to your rack/bike. We’ve used ROK Straps for years and consider them the safest, most convenient solution.
Our Helo Pad comes with the ability to mount the RotopaX carriers (for 1, 1.75 and 2 gallon fuel or water containers), as well as the support plate to carry a WARN XT17 electric winch. Serious adventure riders are quickly seeing the benefit of carrying these lightweight electric winches for recovering a bike off the trail, or simply navigating around an obstacle which would otherwise require a “U-turn” to seek an alternate route.
Hardware and spacers are provided—SIMPLE install—goes on with just three bolts.
The Helo pad measures approximately 21-inches long x 14-inches wide. This size is compatible with all known SADDLEBAG luggage systems including BMW Vario, Touratech, Hepco-Becker, Jesse, Happy Trails, SW-Motech and Micatech. This rack is NOT designed to carry a top box.
- The R1200GSA tubular grab rail must be removed.
- The stock plastic grab handle on the standard R1200GS must be removed.
- NOT intended to carry a passenger (that would just be cruel!).
- We have pre-drilled this rack to accommodate the WARN F800GS Stow Plate (available separately—Model #86600 required).
- Carrying the RotopaX requires use of their specific mounts—either Standard, Deluxe or Lockable. This rack is pre-drilled to accommodate all of these mounts, as well.
MADE IN THE U.S.A.